Politics Trump says he's postponing 'scheduled attack of Iran tomorrow' at Middle East leaders' request [View all]
https://www.cnbc.com/2026/05/18/trump-iran-attack-saudi-uae-qatar-deal.html
President Donald Trump said Monday he is calling off a plan to attack Iran on Tuesday after the heads of three regional powers in the Middle East asked him to hold off.
Trump, in a Truth Social post, said he has informed U.S. military leaders that we will NOT be doing the scheduled attack of Iran tomorrow in light of the requests from Qatari Emir Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman and United Arab Emirates President Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan.
There had been no clear indication prior to Trumps post that the U.S. was preparing to strike Iran on Tuesday, officially scrapping its tattered ceasefire with Iran. Trump had told the New York Post in an interview earlier Monday that Iran knows whats going to be happening soon, though he declined to provide details.
Trump was considering resuming active military operations after Tehrans latest response in ongoing negotiations over a deal to end the war was deemed insufficient, Axios reported.
(snip)